Renewables First is based in Stroud, Gloucestershire and we are always looking for talented staff committed to renewable energy careers. If the sort of engineering roles described here look enticing, please fill out the job application form below and attach your CV, we’d love to hear from you.
Current Roles Available
Experienced Sales Administrator with some Marketing / PA duties
- Location : Stroud, Gloucestershire
- Salary £23 – 30k (pro rata) depending on experience
Are you interested in renewable energy and want to make a positive difference? We are once of the UK’s leading renewable energy consultancies and are looking for an experienced sales administrator, with some additional marketing and PA responsibilities. We design and build high quality hydropower, wind turbine and water-source heat pump projects to generate low carbon energy for years to come. We pride ourselves on delivering projects from start to finish, starting with the initial feasibility-stage works, working through the consenting and design stages, then actually build and commission the systems.
We are a small team (approx. 10) engineers, working from our office located in a beautiful watermill in the Stroud valley. It is ideal for someone who likes to work in a pleasant environment. The office and staff are a friendly, collaborative group, so we are looking for someone who fits in well with that ethos. The role is envisaged to be part-time (but could be full-time), and hours could be flexible. We are looking for someone to be in the office, rather than working from home. As well as the salary, the company operates a profit-sharing system where 25% of profit is shared between eligible staff, paid on a quarterly basis.
We are looking for an intelligent, experienced sales administrator to work with our engineers. You would be great at organising and dealing with people – and keen to take a leading role in our sales process. We currently rely on the engineering team to manage the sales process, but they are too busy to keep on top of it, and need help!
Role and responsibilities:
- Managing the sales leads that come into our website or call the office – basically sorting the wheat from the chaff
- Carrying out initial technical checks for hydropower / wind turbine / heat pump sites, and replying to enquirers to get the additional information if required
- Liaising with the engineering team to assess the site then one of the engineers will call the client
- Based on the outcome if the call, prepare the sales proposal documents, send them out, make sure they receive it and answer any questions
- Manage all of the above on our Salesforce CRM software, and produce monthly KPIs for review
- Writing content for use on the website (mainly case studies of completed projects)
- Make contacts using Linked-In and similar platforms – ultimately to sell our services
- Come up with other innovative marketing techniques to build more sales channels in a professional engineering industry
- Assist the MD with day-to-day tasks that come up
To excel in this role, you will be likeable and charismatic and want to be involved. You should also be highly motivated and focused with good communication skills, and an enquiring mind with an interest in technical subjects and engineering.
If you are interested, please send us your CV. UK applicants only please and no agencies.
Renewable Energy Engineer – Heat Pumps, Wind power and Hydropower
- Location : Stroud, Gloucestershire
- Salary £28,000 to £38,000
Are you interested in renewable energy and want to make a positive difference? We are one of the UK’s leading renewable energy consultancies and are recruiting. We offer whole-project capability, from feasibility, consenting, through design, into construction and ongoing operational support. Projects range from domestic-scale to multi-megawatt commercial projects. We only design and build high quality / higher cost projects to ensure they have long-term reliability and higher customer satisfaction.
We are looking for talented engineers with a passion for design and analysis (90% of time), coupled to practical exposure actually building systems on-site (10%). Therefore, you should have a strong academic foundation and demonstrable practical skills. We need engineers that want to analyse and design, and then build and operate – engineers who thrive on seeing and doing the whole project. A can-do attitude, initiative to solve problems and determination to break down barriers are important characteristics. The applicant would be involved in all project stages from feasibility to construction, and everything in between. This would include managing a portfolio of projects with commercial responsibility. A driving licence is essential.
Role and responsibilities:
- Early-stage site surveys and analysis to produce detailed feasibility studies
- Outline and detailed construction design and specification
- Consenting works
- Engineering project management and design updates during construction
- Onsite installation work / commissioning
- Ongoing O&M work
Qualifications and skills:
- Probably a graduate Mechanical or Civil engineer, though will consider any applicant who can demonstrate they have the required skills
- Some knowledge of electrics, consenting and project management would be useful
- Design and specification experience
- Demonstrable practical skills – from work experience or hobbies
- AutoCAD or 3D modelling
- Technical analysis and writing concise reports
- Attention to detail
- High level of intellect, initiative and enthusiasm
- An appreciation of budgets, timescales and commercial awareness
Ideally, we are looking for experienced engineers, but good graduates would also be considered.
Our office is located in a beautiful watermill in the Stroud valley, with Gloucester, Cheltenham and Bristol nearby. It is ideal for someone who likes to work in a pleasant environment. The area is the Cotswold Hills, so great if you like the outdoors. The office and staff are a friendly, collaborative group so we are looking for someone who fits in well with that ethos.
The company operates a profit-sharing system where 25% of profit is shared between eligible staff, paid on a quarterly basis. If you want whole-project involvement and that feeling of pride when you see a renewable energy system that you designed running for the first time, this is for you!
If you are interested, please contact us with a CV. No recruitment agencies thank you.
Apply for a job with Renewables First
Are you considering a low carbon renewable energy project?
Renewables First have considerable experience and full project capability, from initial feasibility studies through to system design and installation for hydro, wind and water source heat pump systems.