Blacktoft Nursery will soon be home to a single wind turbine development. Renewables First has proposed the wind turbine specification to comprise the following:
- EWT DW54 wind turbine with a generating capacity of 500 kW (0.5 MW)
- Circular concrete foundations of up to 14.5 m diameter, concealed behind a landscaped bund
- Underground 11 KV cabling
- Private substation including 11 KV switchgear and 500 kVA transformer
- Wind turbine substation including 630 KVA transformer
- Construction of a new section of access track and improvement to the site access
The wind turbine will have a hub height of 73 m and a rotor diameter of 54 m.
The wind turbine location and model was selected based on a wide range of factors, including:
- Wind resource
- Ecological sensitivities
- Landscape and heritage sensitivities
- Noise, shadow flicker and visual impact
- Grid connection
- Access to site
- Aviation and telecoms
- Public Rights of Way
- On-site electricity demand
It is anticipated that this scheme could generate 1.8 GWh of electricity per year. It will also displace approximately 740 tonnes of carbon dioxide each year.
Are you considering a wind turbine project?
The first step to develop any wind power site is to conduct a full Wind Turbine Feasibility Study.